Problem combining BeforeAfter and Around context traits

Neil Prosser

Mar 20, 2012, 7:37:17 PM3/20/12
to specs...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have a BeforeAfter trait which I'd like to keep separate from an Around trait (ideally they'll be separately implemented and live in different libraries) but in my current case I would like to combine them for use in a single trait. I am finding that when I combine them in the order BeforeAfter with Around I get a compilation error. If I combine them in the order Around with BeforeAfter the code compiles but I only see the console output from the before and after methods but not from the around method.

I've created the following gist which (hopefully) highlights the problem that I have combining the two traits in Specs2 1.8.2 with Scala 2.9.1.

https://gist.github.com/2142360

Can anyone shed any light on what I've done wrong? Or whether I'm trying to do something that isn't possible.

Hopefully the answer to this isn't facepalmingly simple and I've not made some fundamental mistake when writing the original code or creating my example.

Thanks.

etorreborre

Mar 20, 2012, 7:43:25 PM3/20/12
to specs...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

I posted your message to the specs2-users mailing-list where it more properly belongs to.

Next step: have a look at your issue,...

Eric.