Setting jvm options for spec autotest with leiningen

Ryan Moore

May 21, 2013, 11:16:57 AM5/21/13
to spe...@googlegroups.com
I always use speclj in this manner

lein spec -a

but I am not sure how to set jvm options with leiningen so that speclj can use them. My project.clj file has :jvm-opts ["-Xms256m" "-Xmx2g"], but that doesn't seen to affect how leiningen sets up the REPL.

Thanks.

Micah Martin

May 21, 2013, 11:29:30 AM5/21/13
to spe...@googlegroups.com
Ryan,

Thanks for the note.  I've added an issue on github: https://github.com/slagyr/speclj/issues/48

For the time being you can probably get all your options in by running speclj like so:

lein run -m speclj.main

Micah

Ryan Moore

May 21, 2013, 11:37:41 AM5/21/13
to spe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Micah, that worked for running tests once. Also I should say that I meant how leiningen sets up the JVM and not the REPL.

Ryan

Ryan Moore

May 21, 2013, 11:40:29 AM5/21/13
to spe...@googlegroups.com
Turns out if I run the command like this

lein run -m speclj.main -a

then it will do the auto testing with the jvm opts from the project.clj.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Micah Martin

May 21, 2013, 11:46:31 AM5/21/13
to spe...@googlegroups.com
Right.. I should have mentioned that you can pass in all the regular command line options to speclj.main.  Under the covers, this is what the lein spec task uses.

Micah