Other use of @source

Alvord, Gregory

Jul 30, 2020, 7:27:16 AM7/30/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com

We would like to reference an Excel spreadsheet in a Step. Can we use the @source to do so.

For example we have many tests that require first creating a loan with a wide range of properties.  We have created Excel spreadsheets to use in Scenario Outline:…Examples: pattern. We would like to use single row versions of this spreadsheet to instantiate a loan. Perhaps like this:

Feature: Test something

Scenario: Test something that depends upon the existence of a loan

Given user is signed in

And on the “Landing” page

#Make a loan from spreadsheet values

@source:SingleLoanSheet.xlsx

When a loan is created and creates a new “LoanNumber”

Then “LoanNumber” exists in current user pipeline

#Now that we have a loan add a document to its collection of documents

When current document count for loan number “LoanNumber” is “preDocCount”

And document type “Disclosure” is added to loan number “LoanNumber”

Then current document count for loan number “LoanNumber” is “postDocCount”

And “postDocCount” is “preDocCount” Plus “1”

Clearly if there is a way to accomplish this without use of @source:SingleLoanSheet.xlsx for a step then we would like to know and use that.