Running the same test multiple times

Lubomir Stoimchev

Sep 15, 2020, 7:05:20 AM9/15/20
to SpecFlow
Is there a way to dynamically set the number a specific test is executed?
The idea is to use our framework for some load tests like executing a single test 20k times over 300 threads. The number of test can change for every run.

I've found some possibilities, but they have drawbacks:
* Retry attribute -> triggers only if the test fails
* Repeat attribute -> repeats the scenario, but stops if there is a failure

praveenreddy narala

Sep 15, 2020, 7:21:17 AM9/15/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We can do specific scenario execution using Default.srptofile. Here, we need to set the Filters (include target scenario tags).
Next, keep Retry For = 'ALL' if you would like to run all scenarios. Repeat attribute set to 2 / 3. It will run those many times irrespective of outcome.

regards,
Praveen

Lubomir Stoimchev

Sep 15, 2020, 8:16:55 AM9/15/20
to SpecFlow
Hi,

I think that this applies only for SpecFlow+. Is there an alternative for the normal SpecFlow?

BR,
Lyubomir

N C

Sep 17, 2020, 8:29:49 AM9/17/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com
Don't know if you realize - after Tricentis brought over specflow, specflow+ is now free licensing