Re: Install an old version of the VSIX plugin

Chris Bilson

May 17, 2013, 4:33:14 PM5/17/13
to spec...@googlegroups.com
Oops: ^TFS^TeamCity

On Friday, May 17, 2013 10:39:59 AM UTC-7, Chris Bilson wrote:
Hi,

I am new to specflow and working with a client that has an older version of the VS plugin they are using - specifically, the generated .feature.cs files say the generator is version 1.9.1.84. I would like to install this specific version of the plugin, but I can only get the latest version from the Visual Studio Gallery.

I found the TFS server[1], and tried installing several versions of the VSIX plugin but couldn't get the exact same version number in the generated .feature.cs.

Is there any place I can download the VSIX that has the 1.9.1.84 generator? Thanks in advance for any information!

Christian Hassa

May 18, 2013, 12:35:37 AM5/18/13
to spec...@googlegroups.com

The VSIX Plugin is just for the Visual Studio integration. It calls the SpecFlow runtime referred by the project (through Nuget) to generate the feature.cs. The version number you see in the generated .feature.cs files therefore doesn’t come from the VSIX but from the SpecFlow runtime used by the project (Project References, usually managed through NuGet).

The VSIX is backwards compatible to previous SpecFlow runtime versions. It is recommended to always upgrade to the latests VSIX, independently of the SpecFlow runtime you are using. There is currently even no SpecFlow 1.9.2 runtime published on NuGet – the latest version is 1.9.0.

It also seems that the SpecFlow runtime your project is using is actually *newer* than what is currently published on NuGet.

In any case, you should install the latest SpecFlow 1.9.2 VSIX plugin, it should work fine with whatever SpecFlow runtime you are using.

Christian