Sneak peek to new documentation page for SpecFlow

Andreas Willich

Jul 3, 2020, 5:14:01 AM7/3/20
to SpecFlow
Hi all!

In the last weeks, we were working on a new website for the documentation for SpecFlow, SpecFlow+ Runner and SpecFlow+ LivingDoc.

It's not yet completely 100% finished, but we would like to get early feedback from you.

You can access it at https://docs.specflow.org/

We took over all the content of the existing documentation and changed the TOC.

Some cool features of the new documentation page are:

The plan is to go live with it in the next two weeks.

If you have feedback for us or found an issue (e.g. broken link), please let us know here, open an issue or create a pull request with the fix.

Andreas

praveenreddy narala

Jul 3, 2020, 8:08:33 AM7/3/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Great work. This is been pending for a long time. Now, wait comes to an end.

I have a small suggestion if you could add examples in every document, will become self-explanatory for any person. Also, please include Azure and Gitflows with a live or working example.

Thank you.

Regards,
Praveen

Alvord, Gregory

Jul 4, 2020, 11:54:38 AM7/4/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com

I like the new search feature having scope over all documentation.

Seems the a multi word search “Word1 Word2” is treated as  “Word1  OR Word2”.  How would I express “Word1 AND Word 2”?

Jul 6, 2020, 4:55:24 AM7/6/20
to SpecFlow
Thanks for the feedback

@Praveen: About your question for documentation for Azure and Gitflows.
Do you mean Azure DevOps with Azure? Or something else?
The Azure DevOps documentation needs to be improved.
But if you mean Azure, what would you expect here as documentation?

Same for Gitflows. I only know this as a branching strategy for git. Not sure what it has to do with SpecFlow. Could you elaborate here, what you are looking for?

@Alvord:
We are using the search that is provided by ReadTheDocs and AFAIK they are using Elastic for it.

Cheers,
Andi

praveenreddy narala

Jul 6, 2020, 6:51:21 AM7/6/20
to spec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

Kindly find my ask.

Azure: Running SpecFlow tests from Azure pipeline and add live documentation build task step by step with screenshots/examples (we have an example for live documentation build task setup).

Regards,
Praveen