Meeting on Monday

Hakim Cassimally

Jul 6, 2012, 11:49:52 AM7/6/12
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Hi all!

The next meeting should be on Monday

*** Mon 9th July 7:00-9:00pm ***
DoES Liverpool, 4th floor, Gostin Building (offices, left of the retail part)
32-36 Hanover Street (between Central station and Liverpool ONE)
MAP + photo: http://bit.ly/Gostins
INFO: http://doesliverpool.com

Hope to see you there. I'm hoping I'll have had time to draft an idea
I've got (brief pitch: something like a cross between Danish political
drama Borgen, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Otherwise, I might just
present the pitch + character treatment like we've been doing at
recent meetings :-)

Hakim

Sean McHugh

Jul 6, 2012, 11:53:58 AM7/6/12
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Monday is good.

I am due at a free screenwriting course at Wirral TV during the day but I shall be done by four.

Sean

John Shipman

Jul 9, 2012, 4:31:34 PM7/9/12
to specf...@googlegroups.com
2130 and I just got this email....so it goes!

Sean McHugh

Jul 9, 2012, 5:04:56 PM7/9/12
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al

I will stick some stuff in the dropbox in the next day or two.

Let us know what you think.

Trust you've worked up a good tan.fa

Sean

John Shipman

Jul 31, 2012, 6:07:29 AM7/31/12
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

No suntan, sadly, since my holiday in Dubai back in the spring, anyhow!

Currently on two weeks off. Work has been frantic, so I don't get much of a life these days. this is likely to remain the case until mid-November, so perhaps it's realistic for me to drop out of the group for now ..... I love what it represents, and value the good company and creativity of you good people, but I just don't get the time....at the moment I'm doig two peoples jobs ...which effectively means I have to do lots of unpaid hours......such is the working world of the 21stC !
Later this month I'll have my appraisal when I'll be asked to explain why I'm not doing these jobs better..no doubt shortly before being asked to add a broom fitting where the sun don't shine, so that I can do even more. Apart from that it's all good!

At least I'm good for these two weeks....fitting in the Cambridge Rock/blues festival, and four days sea kayaking in Pembrokeshire...and hopefully a little reading/ audible listening in-between.

Stay in touch,

Al !