NaNoWriMo

Catherine Humphreys

Nov 2, 2011, 4:22:38 AM11/2/11
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Hi
I was just wondering whether anyone else was tackling NaNoWriMo this
year? Just in case you're not sure what that is: November is National
Novel Writing Month (It's actually international now but i don't think
it was initially - it started in the US). the challenge is to write a
50,000 word novel in November - which amounts to 1667 words a day. It
can be tough going to fit it in around work and life in general, but
it's good fun to try.
I tried it last year and did pathetically so I'm hoping to at least
beat my word count from last year. Apologies for not sending this
earlier, I'd intended on sending it last week but completely forgot.

For more information and to sign up, go to www.nanowrimo.org. There's
loads of things going on on there and you can join the local region
and they organise write ins and meet ups etc which I know can really
help people to focus, but I can understand just as easily how that can
be a distraction to others!

If you do sign up, my name on there is Fieryangel, so look me up and
make me your writing buddy :)

Catherine

osfameron

Nov 2, 2011, 1:07:11 PM11/2/11
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Good luck! Nanowrimo is lots of fun. I tried one year, and managed
around 37,000 words... (won't be trying this year though, maybe next
time!)