Next meeting: Thu 27th October

Hakim Cassimally

Oct 12, 2011, 4:28:38 AM10/12/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Next meeting will be:

*** Thu 27th October 7:00-9:00pm ***
DoES Liverpool, 4th floor, Gostin Building (offices, left of the
retail part)
32-36 Hanover Street (between Central station and Liverpool ONE)
MAP + photo: http://bit.ly/Gostins
INFO: http://doesliverpool.com

Challenges set from last meeting included writing:

* Something with vampires (for Serafina, who hates vampires)
* Something Marxist (for Richard, who I may have slightly accused of
being too gentle to be a real revolutionary)
* Something with actual humans (for Hakim, who has been raving about
squirrels recently. The story should also have a kiss.)
* A chapter/scene of the story he has been planning (for Ashley)
* gosh, I can't remember what task we set Sean... the tasty Guinness
that he bought at pub after may be responsible. Can someone jog my
memory?

Of course, even if you weren't at the September meeting, feel free to
use one of those as a story prompt yourself!

See you next time,
Hakim

Sean McHugh

Oct 12, 2011, 4:40:26 AM10/12/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Alas, I had to write something about a kitten.

Sean

Hakim Cassimally

Oct 12, 2011, 5:28:34 AM10/12/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
A kitten, excellent.

Of course, if anyone wants to write a chapter about a Marxist human
vampire kitten, set in Ashley's steampunk world, on the theme of a
kiss, you get double bonus points.

Sean McHugh

Oct 12, 2011, 6:01:19 AM10/12/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
And check in the dropbox Photo album for the relevant dress code for MHV kittens
Sean

Richard Brown

Oct 20, 2011, 4:33:56 PM10/20/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
OK, here is an approximately Marxist story, for a given interpretation of
Marx. I've put it in the Dropbox folder as well.

Richard

Ruach.doc

John Shipman

Oct 24, 2011, 1:37:03 PM10/24/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hakim, and folks,

I should be good for Thursday ..... tho we will all be missing a good authors reading session at Runcorn in the same time slot.....are we ok for dong a quick chew it up and spit it out of my zombie shortie from last month?
I have someone else to join the group. Hopoe I can bring them along Thursday, but if not, they will hopefully come next month!
Al

Hakim Cassimally

Oct 24, 2011, 1:42:38 PM10/24/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al and all!

So, so far we have:

- Al: Coffee Shop (posted in drop-box last week)
- Richard: Ruach
- Hakim: Elementa Calculi Magicorum

my story (attached) has Real People (and a duck) but no kiss. Well,
kinda, maybe. (I didn't get much chance to edit it this week).

If anyone else is submitting anything, then please go for it as soon
as you can. Cutoff for anything longer than 500-1000 words by
tomorrow (Tuesday) please ;-)

Cheers,
Hakim

Elementa_Calculi_Magicorum_Hakim.doc

Catherine Humphreys

Oct 25, 2011, 7:24:09 AM10/25/11
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Hello all

Really sorry but don't think i'll be able to make this month again :
( I have a cake order due for Saturday so need to do some work
hope it's a good session - as they all are :)
Catherine

On Oct 24, 6:42 pm, Hakim Cassimally <hakim.cassima...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Al and all!
>
> So, so far we have:
>
>  - Al:  Coffee Shop (posted in drop-box last week)
>  - Richard: Ruach
>  - Hakim: Elementa Calculi Magicorum
>
> my story (attached) has Real People (and a duck) but no kiss.  Well,
> kinda, maybe.  (I didn't get much chance to edit it this week).
>
> If anyone else is submitting anything, then please go for it as soon
> as you can.  Cutoff for anything longer than 500-1000 words by
> tomorrow (Tuesday) please ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Hakim
>
>  Elementa_Calculi_Magicorum_Hakim.doc
> 35KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

Hakim Cassimally

Oct 25, 2011, 7:26:06 AM10/25/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
If it's any help, I'm sure that SpecFicLiv would selflessly volunteer
to beta-test your cake ;-)

(And hope you can make it next time!)

On 25 October 2011 12:24, Catherine Humphreys

Sean McHugh

Oct 25, 2011, 9:24:27 AM10/25/11
to specf...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'll be there for the meeting, but I regret without the kitten story.

A bit short on time due to today's delivery of Adobe CS5.5 which has taken over my life.

So the Steampunk Vampire Marxist Kitten has to be next time.

I regret to say I took the jest by Hakim as a challenge.

The string of puns that have followed make even me flinch -

from a variety of Marxism called Miaowism

to a genetics laboratory on the Island of Doctor Miaow.

I'm so ashamed!

Sean

osfameron

Oct 27, 2011, 6:51:30 AM10/27/11
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Hi all,

see you this evening! The stories submitted so far are as before:

>  - Al:  Coffee Shop (posted in drop-box last week)
>  - Richard: Ruach
>  - Hakim: Elementa Calculi Magicorum

so there's enough space to take a few more short pieces to be read
aloud, if anyone has anything,

Cheers,

wrote:
> Hi Al and all!
>
> So, so far we have:
>
>  - Al:  Coffee Shop (posted in drop-box last week)
>  - Richard: Ruach
>  - Hakim: Elementa Calculi Magicorum
>
> my story (attached) has Real People (and a duck) but no kiss.  Well,
> kinda, maybe.  (I didn't get much chance to edit it this week).
>
> If anyone else is submitting anything, then please go for it as soon
> as you can.  Cutoff for anything longer than 500-1000 words by
> tomorrow (Tuesday) please ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Hakim
>
>  Elementa_Calculi_Magicorum_Hakim.doc
> 35KViewDownload

Catherine Humphreys

Oct 28, 2011, 2:16:48 AM10/28/11
to Liverpool Speculative Fiction Writing Group
Haha lol everyone always wants to be the cake tester :p thanks for you
selfless offer, I may take you up on it sometime :) this one was for
an order (star trek uniform! Lol)
Hope the meeting was good last night
Catherine