On Writers Block

Victor R. Ocampo

Mar 17, 2012, 2:38:22 AM3/17/12
to Speculative Fiction Writers of Singapore
Hi everyone - just sharing something from Neil Gaiman on overcoming
writer's block - http://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/18848712919/reposted-as-something-that-can-be-reblogged-on

JF Koh

Mar 21, 2012, 2:42:53 AM3/21/12
to spec-f...@googlegroups.com
Wow, good advice!

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Victor R. Ocampo <vroc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone - just sharing something from Neil Gaiman on overcoming
writer's block - http://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/18848712919/reposted-as-something-that-can-be-reblogged-on

Cindy Chak

Mar 17, 2012, 3:02:05 AM3/17/12
to spec-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Victor, I find this information which you just shared useful too. Personally for me, I normally experience writing block when I have to write boring stuff such as a job application cover letter, or any subject which I don't know well enough.

My personal approach to overcoming writing block is to just keep writing what I know about, in order to keep ideas flowing in - while this can be distracted/interrupted at times by the need to complete another activity, or getting caught up by researching for info to fill up some gaps in the story.