Meet Ken Liu

JF

Aug 8, 2013, 2:38:44 AM8/8/13
to spec-f...@googlegroups.com
Dear writers,

Ken Liu is coming to Singapore and National Library will be hosting some events.  Anyone interested to meet up at the events?  We can catch up and talk about writing.

JF

-----

Meet the Author
Ken Liu

Author and translator of speculative fiction Ken Liu is coming to Singapore! His short story "The Paper Menagerie" is the first work to win three top science fiction awards -- the Nebula, Hugo, and World Fantasy Award. It was selected as one of 12 stories in Read! Singapore's 2013 anthology, Under One Sky, which is available at all public libraries and on National Library Board’s MobileRead app.

Read "The Paper Menagerie" by Ken Liu:
http://bit.ly/14veoGg

Registration Info:
All sessions are free, but seats are limited.
To confirm your seat, kindly email readsi...@nlb.gov.sg
1) Your Name 2) Title & Date of Session/s 3) Contact Number

The Paper Menagerie
    Wed 4 Sep
    7:30 - 9:00 pm
    Imagination Room, Level 5,
    National Library Building
Meet Ken Liu as he discusses the sources and inspirations for his award-winning story "The Paper Menagerie" and looks at the theme of "communication" - between generations, between cultures, and between author and reader.

The Writing Life : Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Sat 7 Sep
    2:00 - 3:30 pm
    Multipurpose Room,
    Central Public Library
Ken Liu will share his thoughts and insights on writing science fiction and fantasy and his personal experiences as a writer.

Comparing Notes: Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy
    Sat 7 Sep
    5:00 - 6:30 pm
    Multipurpose Room,
    Central Public Library
Featuring: Ken Liu, Jeffrey Lim, JY Yang | Moderated by: Jason Erik Lundberg
At this panel, Ken Liu and local authors Jeffrey Lim and JY Yang will discuss their approaches toward sci-fi writing, and the highs and lows along their journey as a writer.

Author Reading at Origami Exhibition
    Sun 8 Sep
    3:00 - 4:30 pm
    Exhibition Area,
    Central Public Library
In conjunction with the exhibition "Origami: Traditional to Modern," Ken Liu will read an excerpt of his story, "The Paper Menagerie," and discuss the metaphor of origami within the story.

Victor R. Ocampo

Aug 8, 2013, 11:34:05 AM8/8/13
to spec-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi JF and Spec-Fic Friends,

I am planning to attend and I'd love to meet you guys there.

Cheers,

Victor

JF

Aug 18, 2013, 12:42:27 AM8/18/13
to spec-f...@googlegroups.com
Victor, I'll see you there and we'll grab a coffee after :-)

Anyone else wanna join us, drop us a line!

JF