Did Speakeasy Start Using Gray Lists?

bens...@dodgeit.com

Jul 26, 2006, 5:31:07 PM7/26/06
Two days ago, my daily email Spam dropped by 99.1% (literally!). I also
noticed that messages are now delayed between a few minutes and over an
hour. This is consistent with a MTA Gray List setup. I called Level I
support, and they claimed complete ignorance. Big surprise. Does anyone
know if Speakeasy has started using this kind of technique. I don't
object to getting less Spam, but I want to understand _why_.

Sam

Jul 26, 2006, 7:01:41 PM7/26/06
bens...@dodgeit.com writes:

If you know what greylisting is, then you should know how to test your
hypothesis all by yourself.

bens...@dodgeit.com

Jul 28, 2006, 8:13:53 PM7/28/06
Not having my own mail server, I don't see how. The delays in
receiving messages from new sources is suggestive, but it doesn't tell
me _where_ the delay is happening.

Bruno Wolff III

Jul 28, 2006, 10:21:27 PM7/28/06
On 2006-07-29, bens...@dodgeit.com <bens...@dodgeit.com> wrote:

> Sam wrote:
>>
>> If you know what greylisting is, then you should know how to test your
>> hypothesis all by yourself.
>>
> Not having my own mail server, I don't see how. The delays in
> receiving messages from new sources is suggestive, but it doesn't tell
> me _where_ the delay is happening.

Use telnet.