http to spdy and backwords for CONNECT method

Alex F

Jul 21, 2014, 10:49:06 AM7/21/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am new here but I am trying to develop a project for a while using SPDY. I tried to use limicrohttpd library and specially micro2spdy. But this tool is still in beta mode, offering transformation only to GET methods.

What my project do is trying to connect to a server using CONNECT method, so I guess GET isn't working here. Is there any other way that I can try?

Thanks in Advance,
Alex

Roberto Peon

Jul 21, 2014, 1:14:07 PM7/21/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Alex--

I'm afraid I don't yet understand what you're trying to do. Could you explain in a bit more detail what you're trying to accomplish?
-=R

--

---

Alex F

Jul 21, 2014, 4:37:00 PM7/21/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for replying.

What I am trying to do is a connection between a client and a server through TOR. There is a guide for passing SPDY traffic through TOR using the libraries that I mentioned but only works for GET method. What if I need to use the CONNECT method...? Ηοpe waiting for limicrohttpd to support CONNECT is not my only way.

Roberto Peon

Jul 21, 2014, 4:46:28 PM7/21/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
That is a use-case I'm unfamiliar with, so I don't think I'll be much help.

I'd ask around on a list that was about TOR usage.
-=R

William Chan (陈智昌)

Jul 21, 2014, 4:49:54 PM7/21/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
There are many HTTP libraries that support SPDY and the CONNECT method. If they need specific TOR integration, that I'm sure that significantly limits the number of potential HTTP libraries. But I'd kinda be surprised if you couldn't run a Tor proxy locally that you used one of the SPDY-capable HTTP libraries to talk to.

Alex F

Jul 22, 2014, 6:05:33 AM7/22/14
to spdy...@googlegroups.com, will...@google.com
Thanks for replying William.

I searched before posting and indeed I saw that there are many proxies that may do the job. But before wasting my time I made a question here just in case anyone knew why the guides on the internet mention libmicrohttpd that supports only GET and not any other proxies out there. Does that means that other proxies don't work? I worked with TOR and I know that it doesn't need any special treatment. I guess I'll have to try other proxies on my own.