Unable to use SPDY remotely

Zhenyu Zhou

Jun 13, 2015, 5:06:44 PM6/13/15
to spdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a SPDY server but meet a problem: I use firefox plugi-in (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/spdy-indicator/) to detect SPDY. When loading the page locally (https://localhost), it shows that the page uses SPDY. However, if I load the page from a remote computer, this plug-in shows nothing, ie. no SPDY is detected. (I have tried both chrome and firefox. But nothing different here.)

In more detail, I just built a brand new apache 2.2 server on Ubuntu 12.04 and installed SPDY as following:

wget https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/linux/direct/mod-spdy-beta_current_i386.deb
dpkg -i mod-spdy-*.deb
apt-get -f install
apach2ctl restart

There are indeed spdy.conf, spdy.load, mod_spdy.so, mod_ssl.so at their right place and I'm sure they are called when apache starts. (Because I have tried to remove them and got an error message as excepted.)

Any insights for this problem?

Many thanks!

Zhenyu