TPP 5.2.0 installation error CentOS 7.8

Wenhao

Oct 8, 2020, 12:34:06 AM10/8/20
to spctools-discuss
Hi,

I am trying to install TPP 5.2.0 on CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003.

After compiling without error, I executed the command ```make install```. Then an error occurred as ```make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/tpp/lib/Mayu/BinnedEntity.pm', needed by `install'.  Stop.```

Is this due to a lack of prerequisite software? By the way, the folder "/usr/local/tpp/lib" is not existed under "tpp", is this normal?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Wenhao

Wenhao

Oct 9, 2020, 8:02:06 AM10/9/20
to spctools-discuss
Anyway, I have solve this problem by using Docker based on Ubuntu 16.04. I suppose it is a dependency problem.

Law

Oct 11, 2020, 10:12:30 PM10/11/20
to spctools-discuss
Hi, Wenhao. Gald to know that you have solved the problem. I have met the same error while installing the 5.2.0 TPP. So I deleted the compiled and source file and tried everything again. Somehow it worked, the only change was that I used chmod 777 <INSTALL_DIR > before make all to make sure the installation program could get access to INSTALL_DIR and TPP_DATADIR.
   By the way, I wonder which docker content you used? Planning to use docker on another cluster, installing the dependency on CentOS is really tiring.

Eric Deutsch

Oct 13, 2020, 12:02:33 AM10/13/20
to spctools...@googlegroups.com, Eric Deutsch

You can get a recipe for using TPP with Docker here:

http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=Running_the_TPP_docker_image

(or just Google for: tpp docker)

Although our main recipe for installing TPP 5.2 on Linux is for Ubuntu:

http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=TPP_5.2.0:_Installing_on_Ubuntu_18.04_LTS

if someone has a recipe for CentOS, send it along to us and we’ll post it on the wiki.

Eric

Malcolm Cook

Jun 10, 2022, 7:18:36 PM6/10/22
to spctools-discuss
I just finished successful install on CentOS7 with the following notes:

I hope it might help someone else....

Luis Mendoza

Jun 11, 2022, 1:00:02 AM6/11/22
to spctools...@googlegroups.com