Tandem Analysis

Priti Panchal

Aug 4, 2022, 1:59:07 AM8/4/22
to spctools-discuss
Hello
I am trying to do tandem analysis. I am uncertain whether we can perform a tandem analysis for the lc-ms/ms data of non enzymatically digested sample since in the tandem parameter file there is not any option available for "no cleavage" or "no cut" as found in comet parameters. In tandem, there is "semi tryptic" digestion option only.
If we can perform the analysis in tandem please suggest how to edit the parameter file to perform analysis of non digested data.
Thank you
Priti

Luis Mendoza

Aug 4, 2022, 2:42:56 AM8/4/22
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hello Priti,
You can specify non-enzymatic cleavage by setting the protein, cleavage site parameter to [X]|[X] .

More info at the X!Tandem site:

Hope this helps,
--Luis