Issue with MSConvert of TPP v7.0.0.

Nachiket W

Apr 5, 2024, 2:01:08 PMApr 5
to spctools-discuss
Hello everybody,

I've been trying to run MSConvert from the Windows Command Prompt but it keeps giving an error saying 'msconvert' is not recognized as the name of cmdlet. I tried using variations like- 'MSconvert', 'msConvert', 'MSConvert' to no avail.

I also tried to look for the application in the /TPP/bin folder, the only file I can locate of MSConvert is a shortcut stored in
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ProteoWizard 3.0.23233 64-bit
I am running the TPP version 7.0.0. on Windows 11.

PFA an image of the command prompt error.

Kindly assist me in solving this issue.

Regards,
Nachiket.MSConvert-Error.png

David Shteynberg

Apr 5, 2024, 2:07:29 PMApr 5
to spctools-discuss
Hello Nachiket,

Thanks for your interest in the TPP!  The location where proteowizard is installed on your system is not in your windows system PATH environment variable.  Please add the directory where you found msconvert to your PATH environment variable and try running it again.  Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
-David

David Shteynberg

Apr 5, 2024, 4:46:23 PMApr 5
to spctools-discuss
Natchiket,

Alternatively to setting the environment PATH, you should be able to run msconvert on the commandline by using the full path to the executable instead, (and remember to include the quotes!)
This is the full path on my system, and likely also on yours:
"c:\Program Files\ProteoWizard\ProteoWizard 3.0.23233.c72ce16\msconvert"

image.png

Cheers!
-David

Nachiket W

Apr 9, 2024, 12:04:08 PMApr 9
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

Thank you for your prompt response.
I used the path you mentioned and it worked on my system!
Truly appreciate your help.

Regards,
Nachiket