iprophet is search showing blank page

sudarshan kumar

Dec 15, 2020, 12:58:34 AM12/15/20
to spctools-discuss
I have analyzed a data file using peptide prophet. I got results.
But when I am analyzing by iprophet i see a blank page . can anyone tell me what does it mean.
Where is the problem?
Regards,
Sudarshan

David Shteynberg

Dec 15, 2020, 10:52:57 AM12/15/20
to spctools-discuss
Hello Sudarshan,

Did the program report any messages when it ran?  Are you certain that the PeptideProphet input going to iProphet contains PSMs with non-zero probabilities?

Thanks,
-David

sudarshan kumar

Dec 15, 2020, 11:46:35 PM12/15/20
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Thank you David,
I tried with another file. It worked. But can you please tell me about the relationship between Xcorr and probabilities. I read in the tutorial, that this relationship is good to determine MPT (Minimum Probability Threshold).
My data
image.png
When I see my data, I conclude that at almost every Xcorr above 1 the iprobability is near to zero (i. e. least error) image below).
image.png
Now what should I infer from probability of 0 (for one peptide with high Xcorr) and .9 (for another peptide again with high Xcorr)?

Please guide me.
Regards,
Sudarshan

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. — Marcel Proust

Dr. Sudarshan Kumar
(B.V.Sc.& A.H., M.V.Sc., PhD.)
Scientist
Animal Biotechnology Center
(Proteomics and Cell Biology Lab.)
National Dairy Research Institute Karnal, 132001
Haryana, India
Contact No 09254912456
URL www.ndri.res.in