Related to St Peter tool in TPP

Mehar Un Nissa

Dec 14, 2020, 11:56:41 AM12/14/20
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hello TPP Team,
I want to use St. Peter tool in TPP for Label free quantification of some dataset.
Once I go to TPP Tools--> Quantify Label Free (MS2), the web page redirected to the login page when I login again some error is coming as under:

image.png

Could you please through some light in this regard.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and regards,

Mehar Un Nissa
Research Scholar,
Proteomics Lab.
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering,
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay-400076

Luis Mendoza

Dec 15, 2020, 10:35:10 PM12/15/20
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mehar,
It seems that there was an issue with reading your user session cookie -- perhaps you followed an old link, reinstalled TPP while logged in, or your browser does not support cookies.
I suggest starting a new browser session and try to run TPP again; let us know if the issue persists.  Has this happened more than once?
Cheers,
--Luis

Mehar Un Nissa

Dec 17, 2020, 7:14:05 AM12/17/20
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luis.
I started TPP in a new browser and it worked.
Further for my dataset, I need protein abundance to check the comparative protein expression in each sample.
While using St Peter tool, on what basis the option "Amount of protein sample measured" is decided.
I saw in one of the tutorial that they have taken it as 2.0 micrograms.
For initial MS run, I have injected 1 microgram peptide for obtaining shotgun data, so what value I should put here for quantification of proteins present in my sample.

(Queried option is highlighted in this snapshot)
image.png

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and regards,

Mehar Un Nissa
Research Scholar,
Proteomics Lab.
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering,
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay-400076

Jason Winget

Dec 17, 2020, 11:05:57 AM12/17/20
to spctools-discuss
You would put 1 in that box, since you know you injected 1 ug.