combine fractions, replicates and different parameters

Asif Ahmed

Dec 8, 2020, 7:45:00 PM12/8/20
to spctools-discuss
Hi,

I have two treatment groups and want to identify (& quantify) the peptides.

1. Metabolic label with N15 sample (3 replicates)
2. Normal N14 sample (3 replicates).

I extracted & digested the protein using S-trap kit and fractionated each sample into 8 fractions using Pierce high Ph fractionation kit, resulting 48 samples (2 Treatment group X 3 replicates X 8 Fractions) in total.

I matched all of the data using Comet and X!Tandem, using two different (N14 and N15) parameters - which produced separate .mzML files for each.

Now I am confused how to combine all fractions, replicates and parameters into single result file.

I am thinking to go for N14 parameter first -
merge all fractions and replicates of comet/tandem in peptide prophet,
merge peptide-prophet results of Comet and Tandem in i-prophet afterwards.

Do the same for N15 parameter, and combine i-prophets of N15 and N14 in protein prophet.

I will run Xpress later on, for quantification.

Can you please advice me is it OK? or any other way to do?

ASIF