TPP 4.6.3 Release is Available

Joseph Slagel

Jul 25, 2013, 2:03:24 AM7/25/13
to spctools...@googlegroups.com, spctools...@googlegroups.com, spctoo...@googlegroups.com
Announcing the general availability of Trans-Proteomic Pipeline (TPP) "Occupy" 4.6.3.

This is a maintenance update to the Trans-Proteomic Pipeline (TPP) software which addresses a number of issues identified with version 4.6.2.  All TPP users are advised to upgrade their installations to the latest version.  More information about the Trans-Proteomic Pipeline is available at the TPP wiki site.

The software is available for Windows as well as Linux and (unofficially) through OSX source from all the usual locations (please see the section below, "Getting the software").  Most users are recommended to use the Windows installer, which installs and configures the TPP and other required software (such as a web server).  For advanced users who need to customize the TPP, or for those who run high-throughput experiments, you can download the source code.

== Release Notes ==

* Release notes for this version containing the most important new features, changes, and known issues are available at:

  http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=TPP:4.6.3_Release_Notes

== Getting the TPP Software ==

* Download the TPP version 4.6.3 native windows installer (TPP_Setup_v4_6_3.exe) from the Sashimi SourceForge project file release page:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sashimi/files/Trans-Proteomic%20Pipeline%20%28TPP%29/TPP%20v4.6%20%28occupy%29%20rev%203/

* Everyone is encouraged to read and contribute to our wiki, at
  http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/

* For guides to installing and using our software, please see our wiki:
  http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki/index.php?title=Software:TPP

* For downloading the source code, please go to the following link:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sashimi/files/Trans-Proteomic%20Pipeline%20%28TPP%29/TPP%20v4.6%20%28occupy%29%20rev%203/ and find the 4.6.3 source code .tgz package;

or, check out the code directly from svn:
  svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/sashimi/code/tags/release_4-6-3/trans_proteomic_pipeline
  For building from source, please refer to the readme file in TPP/src as well as the wiki.

The TPP Team: Luis, David, Mike, Joe, and Jimmy, plus all other developers who contributed to this release from the ISB.  Thanks to developers and users from the TPP's user community who provided feedback and code contributions.