TPP @ ASMS 2023 -- Posters, Tuesday Workshop, and Bioinformatics Hub

Luis Mendoza

Jun 2, 2023, 4:00:14 PM6/2/23
to spctools...@googlegroups.com, spctools...@googlegroups.com, spctoo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Next week the TPP software tools team will be attending and giving several presentations at ASMS in Houston.

Please feel free to find us and say hello to me (Luis), David, and Michael, and bring your PeptideAtlas/TPP-related software and/or installation questions.  We also have information on the recent TPP 6.3 release, as well as on upcoming updates in our posters.

We will be conducting an evening Workshop on Tuesday June 6th at 5:45pm in room 351CF.  We'll give a brief intro to the existing TPP tools and then encourage discussion about them and about future directions for the TPP.  Topic leads for discussion are: mining for rare PTMs in your data, cleavable crosslinker data analysis with Ving, and overview of the Cloud and cluster enabled TPP.  So please come and learn about TPP and be part of the discussion about its future.

We also plan to spend extended time at the Bioinformatics Hub, including participating in a session on open science practices on Tuesday 6 June, 10:30 - 12:30. The Bioinformatics Hub will be located at the Poster/Exhibit Hall, next to the main entrance; it is open each day during exhibit hall hours.  Please check the program and drop by to participate in the various discussions, or to just seek advice, knowledge, and/or support from leading bioinformaticians.

Lastly, we will be presenting several posters:
  • How Well Did You Capture that Ion? Find Out with PeptidePrisoner!
    Luis Mendoza
    MP 376
  • Ving: A New Tool in the Trans-Proteomic Pipeline for XL-MS Using Cleavable Cross-Linking Reagents
    Michael Hoopmann
    TP 174

  • Modification Specific Modeling in PeptideProphet Improves Validation of Rare PTM Containing Peptides in Complex Samples
    David Shteynberg
    ThP 610

Other posters related to TPP and our lab:
  • Proteomics Standards Initiative (PSI) proposed peak annotation format (mzPAF) and spectral library format (mzSpecLib) standards
    Henry Lam
    TP 390

  • Borrelia PeptideAtlas: A proteome resource for the Lyme disease community
    Helisa Wippel
    MP 697
  • Achieving robust quantitative analysis of proteomes using Vacuum insulated probe heated electrospray ionization (VIP-HESI) coupled with microflow chromatography and timsTOF-Mass-Spectrometer
    Mukul Midha
    WP 133

More information at:   http://www.tppms.org/asms/

Please let your colleagues or any other interested people know, too!

Also, please let us know if you have a poster or oral presentation of research that makes use of the TPP; we'll try to drop by and visit.

Thanks,
--Luis, David, Eric, and Michael