Fwd: PhD position in Conversational AI at KTH

Camilo Thorne

Jun 14, 2024, 10:47:21 AMJun 14
to sp...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gabriel Skantze <00000d00866bcaf...@listserv.acm.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 6:32 PM
Subject: PhD position in Conversational AI at KTH
To: <SIGAI-A...@listserv.acm.org>

We are looking for a PhD student  interested in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and Speech Technology, that will work in a newly funded project at the Department of Speech, Music and Hearing at KTH. The project is financed by the Swedish AI-program WASP (Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program), which offers a graduate school with research visits, partner universities, and visiting lecturers.

The newly started project is titled "Thinking Fast and Slow: Real-time Speech Generation for Conversational AI".  The aim of the project is to develop AI-models capable of generating spoken responses in an incremental fashion, mirroring the nuanced and dynamic nature of human conversation. Our approach builds upon our previous pioneering efforts in the realm of incremental and predictive models for dialogue, which have laid the groundwork for this project.

The position is mainly a research position, with a small fraction of departmental duties (e.g. teaching).

Supervision: Professor Gabriel Skantze and Assoc. Prof. Gustav Eje Henter

https://www.kth.se/lediga-jobb/735886?l=en

Have an AI-relevant announcement? Send it to sigai-a...@listserv.acm.org
To unsubscribe from the SIGAI-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
https://LISTSERV.ACM.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA-ACMLPX.CGI?SUBED1=SIGAI-ANNOUNCE&A=1