License

scott w

Nov 12, 2012, 12:30:56 PM11/12/12
to spati...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple users that have had licensed versions of the tool bar for some time now.  All of the sudden, over the weekend, their layers only load 100 features,  as if they were no longer licensed.  I went to the website and it now shows that you can purchase the tool for 188$ or 288$.  Not sure what the licensing/pricing model is, some help would be nice there.  I have no issues paying for the tool, i just want to know that this is in fact the issue and not something else i need to address.  Has anyone else experienced this issue before?  Did ST-Links revoke the licenses because they should now be purchased?  Any help would be appreciated......

Chun

Nov 16, 2012, 8:43:06 AM11/16/12
to spati...@googlegroups.com

I guess you are using a free licenses. All free licenses have time limited. You can request another free license or purchase a permenent license.

Lindsay William Bradford

Apr 21, 2014, 9:54:31 PM4/21/14
to spati...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, November 16, 2012 11:43:06 PM UTC+10, Chun wrote:

I guess you are using a free licenses. All free licenses have time limited. You can request another free license or purchase a permenent license.

Scott's statement
  "Not sure what the licensing/pricing model is, some help would be nice there."
rings true for me as well.  Ambiguity exists around what permissions the licence actually grants a licence holder.  I'm looking at a model where I want to develop with ST-Links as an alternative to ArcSDE for an ArcMap Desktop plugin where the client wants a multi-user spatial database back-end.  Ideally, I want licencing dealt with so it's not something the end-user has to contend with.  I'm also in a position where once I release it to the client, I no longer have any ability to take care of licencing per run of the installer I supply.

I have no idea what I need to do on behalf of the client in terms of licencing they'll (or even I) need. My query for clarification to ST-Links hasn't been answered yet.

Is anyone in the community able to shed some light on what a licence actually means here?

regards,

Lindsay.