Problem editing (Postgres)

forka...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2013, 5:28:11 PM3/22/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am having trouble saving edits on a point layer on a local (windows) pg server.

I have set the "gid" as the edit column as specified in the docs, and confirmed that it is a PK with a serial (dropped the original column from the shapefile and rebuilt).

Versions:

ST-links is 4.0.0

Dot-Net is 4.0

Postgres is 9.2.3 (with local permissions as trust, but no other connection options set)

ArcGIS is 10.1

PostGIS is 2.0.3

64 bit everything

ST-Links gives an error when I hit save, and "could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." is written to the PG log when I shut off ArcGIS.

We are evaluating ST-Links for a fairly big workflow, and I am running a PostgreSQL proof of concept.  We would use SQLServer on a real installation.  Loading the under-100 rows data works great, just the editing which is a problem.

I haven't tried rebooting since installing everything, but I will now.

(I never check this google email, so please respond in the group thread).

forka...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2013, 6:14:18 PM3/22/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Oh -- I restarted to no avail, but I also wanted to mention that I am getting "No connection" when I try to save, then I get a longish Npgsql error popup, but I can't highlight it to paste it (yay).

forka...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2013, 6:43:47 PM3/22/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Finally... I installed ST-Links 3.0.4 and it works well with no other changes to the stack.

Chun

Mar 27, 2013, 11:55:07 AM3/27/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
This is something changed in the Version 4.

Besides choose an ID columns, you need to seleted the columns that you want to edit.  "Save" operation will only save the changed geometry, and the columns that in the edits "columns" list. Check the "ST Layer" tab in the layer properties page.

cristian

Mar 27, 2013, 1:36:28 PM3/27/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Help!! I still getting "The connection is not open" when I save editing or stop editing.

Chun

May 31, 2013, 9:25:29 AM5/31/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Download a new copy and it should have solved the problem/

Cristian Olguín Avila

May 31, 2013, 2:28:02 PM5/31/13
to spati...@googlegroups.com
thanks...

now is ok... but you forget change in website " (last update Feb 20, 2013)"

bye..