Error when trying to add a layer

Luc Davids

Feb 25, 2014, 10:51:27 AM2/25/14
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When trying to add a layer to ArcMap it gives the following error.

Details on the environment:
ArcMap 10.2.1
ST-Links SpatialKit for ArcMap 4.0.0
PostgreSQL 9.2
PostGIS 2.1
.NET Framework 4.5.1

How can we fix this problem? We are looking forward for a solution and use PostgreSQL with our esri products.

Kind regards,

L. Davids

Chun

Feb 26, 2014, 12:14:23 AM2/26/14
to spati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It looks like that the geometry is not valid. The postgis layer could be loaded into PostGIS by third party tool which is not complied with the ArcGIS feature class format. For example, the layer has different geometry types in one table.

You can try to use st-links tool (feature class to db) to load a feature class or shapefile into PostGIS and then add this table to arcMap.

There is a section in the manual about what kind geometry types are allowed in a table to be compatible with feature class format.

Felipe Buccioni

Nov 12, 2014, 5:22:18 PM11/12/14
to spati...@googlegroups.com
This is an error because the coordinates uses the numeric decimal separator used by regional definition, you can change the decimal separator for . and this will fix, is a workaround recently I post the bug.