Substirng from a linestring

Jim

Nov 7, 2023, 11:59:41 AM11/7/23
to SpatiaLite Users
I have a LINESTRING representing a road.

I need to extract a LINESTRING substring of that original LINESTRING.

I vaguely remember an ST_SUBSTRING function in Spatialite but I can't find it in the documentation.

For example,   something like ST_SUBSTRING(LINESTRING, POINT1, POINT2);

So my question is how do I do this or did I miss it in the documentation.

Regards,
Jim

a.fu...@lqt.it

Nov 7, 2023, 12:27:01 PM11/7/23
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

you are spoiled for choice, because SpatiaLite supports several
functions of this kind. please read the doc about:

ST_Line_Substring()
ST_LinesCutAtNodes()
ST_Split() and related friends

bye Sandro

Jim

Nov 7, 2023, 1:41:40 PM11/7/23
to SpatiaLite Users
Sandro,

Sorry about that.  I just kept looking for ST_SUBSTRING.

I guess after doing the compute stuff for 60+ years and too many programming languages, I might want to think about not doing it any more.

Regards,
Jim

a.fu...@lqt.it

Nov 7, 2023, 2:10:50 PM11/7/23
On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 10:41:40 -0800 (PST), Jim wrote:
> Sandro,
>
> Sorry about that.  I just kept looking for ST_SUBSTRING.
>
> I guess after doing the compute stuff for 60+ years and too many
> programming languages, I might want to think about not doing it any
> more.

Jim,

with your 60 years of experience you definitely make me look like
a novice kid, given that I can boast only 40+ years of programming
experience.

May the Lord keep you healthy and with a well-functioning brain
for as long as possible, I wish you all my sincere best wishes.

bye Sandro
Message has been deleted