I can`t find an exe.-file in downloaded spatialite-gui folder

Andreas Wörner

Jun 30, 2022, 7:16:48 AM6/30/22
to SpatiaLite Users
Hello,
I am a total beginner and d´like to start with building up an spatialite database.
When I download the spatialite-gui folder, I can`t find an exe-file to start the programm.
Has someone an idea where the problem is?

Best
Andi

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jun 30, 2022, 10:57:12 AM6/30/22
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

you are simply looking in the wrong place.
you've downloaded the source code, but you are searching instead
a precompiled binary executable for MS Windows (EXE).

you can download all prebuilt binaries for Windows from here:

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/

please look at the light orange panel on bottom left.

bye Sandro

Ron Grabowski

Jul 25, 2022, 6:15:57 PM7/25/22
to SpatiaLite Users

I think Andi was trying to find an exe for this gui tool: https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/spatialite_gui/index

This folder has a spatialite.exe console app but not a gui/visualization tool to draw things on a map: http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86/

The links in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ib3ocbDZdE (Spatialite GUI - SQLite - Download and Run Spatialite Graphical User Interface Software - Part I) don't exist anymore.

Maybe Andi is looking for a tool like https://www.qgis.org/en/site/ and trying to learn how to show a basic map then do calculations in Spatialite and draw the output (WKT elements??) as a layer on the map.

I'm new to Spatialite and GIS, just wanted to help translate because I'm a beginning too. I'm currently doing calculations in spatialite.exe and using this site to visualize the results: https://clydedacruz.github.io/openstreetmap-wkt-playground/