How to install SpatiaLite in Django on Windows 10?

Tugg Speedman

Aug 11, 2021, 7:24:12 PM8/11/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi all,
this is the first time I want to build an app with geo coordinates. I want to start with GeoDjango since I already know Django, therefore this seems to me like a good starting point. The Problem is: It doesn't work with SpatiaLite.

This leads you to the installation  of SpatiaLite: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/contrib/gis/install/spatialite/

The main suggestion for Windows users is to download the binary files from here: https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/

The problem is: there is no further information from here on. What do I do with this files? Can I put them wherever I want? Do I have to add the directory to the System or Python Environment Variables?

I continued the Tutorial and ended by the first migration, which (not very surprisingly) did not work (See picture below. It's german and says: "There is no entry point in gdal301.dll file").

So the question is: Is this Tutorial up to date or did I miss something?
Thanks

P.S.: Sorry for the bad english.error.png