Rasterlite2: Parse error: no such function: XB_LoadXML

f.lov...@gmail.com

May 10, 2024, 7:58:36 AMMay 10
to SpatiaLite Users
Hi folks and Sandro

I was playing with rasterlite2 tutorials to see how it woks under Debian trixie
and found an unepected error in rl2tool:

sqlite> select XB_Create(XB_LoadXML('etopo1_styles/etopo.xml'), 1, 1);
Parse error: no such function: XB_LoadXML
  select XB_Create(XB_LoadXML('etopo1_styles/etopo.xml'), 1, 1);
                   ^--- error here

I wonder if for some reason the whole set of XML related functions
has been skipped for some reason (the libxml2 linking appears correctly).

Any hints?

--
Franceso P Lovergine

a.fu...@lqt.it

May 10, 2024, 10:36:45 AMMay 10
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,

take a look at the documentation that you can read from here:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-sql-5.1.0.html

as you can see, it's clearly stated that XB_Load() is
potentially dangerous for computer security since it allows
to access the external filesystem from SQL.

for this reason it's always disabled by deafult, just like
all other SQL functions that allow for reading or writing
from/to the filesystem.

this practically means that they will appear as unsupported
functions (just as if they were not implemented at all),
unless the user grants an explicit authorization by declaring
the environment variable

SPATIALITE_SECURITY=relaxed

bye Sandro

f.lov...@gmail.com

May 14, 2024, 3:59:01 AMMay 14
to SpatiaLite Users

Ah right, I did not try with the env variable defining. Thanks.