Not possible to build without Freexl

Volker Fröhlich

Jan 4, 2012, 11:17:28 AM1/4/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Scenario:

Freexl is not installed
Trying to build Libspatialite 3.0.1

What's happening:

configure --> configure: error: cannot find freexl.h, bailing out
configure --disable-freexl --> configure finishes, build fails due to include in
shapefiles.c

Expected behaviour:

Don't include freexl.h if disable-freexl is given

There's also a typo in configure.ac, where it says proj=yes instead of
freexl=yes (line 168). Autoreconf fails, because there is no m4 directory.

Greetings,

Volker

Peter Hopfgartner

Jan 9, 2012, 9:55:48 AM1/9/12
to Micha Silver, spatiali...@googlegroups.com, Enterprise Linux OSGeo
Hi Micha,

maybe the rpms at http://attic.r3-gis.com/upload/rpms/ may be useful. I hope to have some time to work on spatialite 3, rasterlite, geotiff4 and gdal 1.9 in the next weeks, but I am not sure that this is realistic.

Peter

On 01/08/2012 07:31 PM, Micha Silver wrote:

Hi Volker:

Any reason not to build freexl also? Is there a problem with support for the proprietary file format?

Perhaps this is a good candidate for elgis? freexl + libgaiagraphics + spatialite-tools + spatialite_gui.

My first attempt using mock, I've made a spec file for freexl, and got it to install in a fresh mock setup. I'd gladly send it if you'd like to review and suggest improvements.

Regards,

Micha

--
Micha Silver
GIS Consultant, Arava Development Co.

Charlie Sharpsteen

Jan 9, 2012, 12:39:46 PM1/9/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Try passing `--enable-freexl=no` as recommended by the README instead of `--disable-freexl`. Agreed that `--disable-freexl` is a more intuitive flag.

-Charlie

Volker Fröhlich

Jan 9, 2012, 12:45:38 PM1/9/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Didn't work either.

Didn't work either, if memory serves me well.

> -Charlie

Volker Fröhlich

Jan 10, 2012, 11:07:53 AM1/10/12
Am Montag, 9. Januar 2012, 00:01:35 schrieb Micha Silver:
> On 01/04/2012 06:17 PM, Volker Fröhlich wrote:
> Hi Volker:
> Any reason not to build freexl also? Is there a problem with support for
> the proprietary file format? Perhaps this is a good candidate for elgis?
> freexl + libgaiagraphics + spatialite-tools + spatialite_gui. My first
> attempt using mock, I've made a spec file for freexl, and got it to
> install in a fresh mock setup. I'd gladly send it if you'd like to review
> and suggest improvements. Regards,
> Micha

This message went off the list inadvertently and I also updated it:

No, that is all fine. Libgaiagraphics, spatialite-tools are finished for Fedora,
spatialite_gui should be in updates-testing soon, freexl just finished its
review and will be in EPEL6.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=libgaiagraphics.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-tools.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-gui.git
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=freexl.git

I tried to build without, because I haven't had Freexl handy at that moment
and ran into this bug.

It's a candidate for ELGIS to rebuild nevertheless with the new versions now.
I'll only start building them, when I make sure, QGIS works with 3.0.

Volker

a.fu...@lqt.it

Jan 10, 2012, 11:45:43 AM1/10/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com, Micha Silver
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:37:53 +0530, Volker Fr�hlich wrote

> No, that is all fine. Libgaiagraphics, spatialite-tools are finished
> for Fedora, spatialite_gui should be in updates-testing soon, freexl
> just finished its review and will be in EPEL6.
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=libgaiagraphics.git
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-tools.git
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=spatialite-gui.git
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=freexl.git
>
> I tried to build without, because I haven't had Freexl handy at that
> moment and ran into this bug.
>
> It's a candidate for ELGIS to rebuild nevertheless with the new
> versions now. I'll only start building them, when I make sure, QGIS
> works with 3.0.

Hi Volker,

here is my current roadmap:

a) GDAL 1.9.0 was released during last night: splite will
now require to incorporate the latest EPSG updated
definitions.

b) during the last days Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt has kindly
contributed a patch intended to fully support spatialite
on Android platforms.
obviously this patch has a very high priority, and will
be of big interest for many users.

c) it's very probable that SQLite 3.7.10 will be released
in the next few days.

d) you too have submitted a patch intended to adjust any
malfunction in the build-system [--disable-freexl not
being properly honored].

e) on my own I've noticed (and corrected) very few small
glitches and minor issues here and there.

f) the final Topology support will be available very quickly.

----------------------

so I'm planning to release a 3.0.2 update during the next
days, may well be in this week.

----------------------

I'm planning to release a small update for the QGIS
data-provider immediately after releasing 3.0.2;
this QGIS update is mainly intended to optimize and speed-up
the initial connection for really huge layers storing many
million features.

Bye Sandro

Andrea P.

Jan 10, 2012, 2:10:51 PM1/10/12
to SpatiaLite Users

> here is my current roadmap:
>
> a) GDAL 1.9.0 was released during last night: splite will
>    now require to incorporate the latest EPSG updated
>    definitions.

And has also the new driver for spatialite (from Furieri) :)
This is really a great news for me.

> f) the final Topology support will be available very quickly.

Wow! after the topology on Postgis now the topology also on
spatialite.
This is another really good news.

> ----------------------
>
> so I'm planning to release a 3.0.2 update during the next
> days, may well be in this week.
>
> ----------------------
>
> I'm planning to release a small update for the QGIS
> data-provider immediately after releasing 3.0.2;
> this QGIS update is mainly intended to optimize and speed-up
> the initial connection for really huge layers storing many
> million features.

This is the third great news.
We are start to using spatialite heavily , the size go from 4 Gbyte to
26Gbyte for all the
spatialites.

QGIS with the 4 Gbyte work very well, instead with the 26 GB qgis is a
bit more slow to first open the DB.
This enhancement will resolve definitively the problem.

Thx, Sandro.

Charlie Sharpsteen

Jan 10, 2012, 3:09:08 PM1/10/12
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hmm `--enable-freexl=no` was the flag that worked for me yesterday when I updated the SpatiaLite build for the Homebrew package manager.

-Charlie