android sqllite with spatialite builtin

adewdd ssgedff

Nov 9, 2021, 3:12:36 PM11/9/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
hi, where can I find a recent prebuilt binary of sqllite + spatialite, i tried taking it from https://github.com/geopaparazzi/libjsqlite-spatialite-android
then using the official bindings from sqllite 3.35 but it seems that libjsqllite does not export the same functions as vanilla sqllite. so I don't know what to try next.
i don't understand why on the official site (gaiagis) there are no builds of sqlite+spatialite.

Andrea Peri

Nov 9, 2021, 3:24:53 PM11/9/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I dont understand if you are asking for a windows build .
If yes you can find it here.

The link is effectivelly a few hidden.

A.

a.fu...@lqt.it

Nov 9, 2021, 3:38:50 PM11/9/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 9 Nov 2021 22:12:21 +0200, 'adewdd ssgedff' via SpatiaLite
Users wrote:
> i don't understand why on the official site (gaiagis) there are no
> builds of sqlite+spatialite.

it's basically simple to explain.

my personal programming skills adequately cover Linux and Windows,
much less MacOsX and I'm completely ignorant about Android
(wich I personally never use).

in past years the project receveid several valuable contributions
about Android but nowadays there is nobody interested to
collaborate in this specific area and this obviously is
the end of the story.

bye Sandro

iulian

Nov 10, 2021, 3:47:09 AM11/10/21
to SpatiaLite Users

ok thanks for your efforts.

iulian

Nov 10, 2021, 3:49:32 AM11/10/21
to SpatiaLite Users
i am looking for a spatialite 5.0.1 build that includes sqllite that's usable on android using standard android sqllite api  identical methods and classes to https://developer.android.com/reference/android/database/sqlite/package-summary

Brad Hards

Nov 10, 2021, 4:26:18 AM11/10/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 10 November 2021 7:49:32 PM AEDT 'iulian' via SpatiaLite Users
wrote:
> i am looking for a spatialite 5.0.1 build that includes sqllite that's
> usable on android using standard android sqllite api identical methods and
> classes to
> https://developer.android.com/reference/android/database/sqlite/package-summ
> ary
Just to be clear - spatialite doesn't "include" sqlite. Its an external
plugin. The amalgamation builds are long past.

It might help if you provided more detail. What have you already tried? What
were the results? What were you expecting instead?

Brad

Darwin Algarin Sarmiento

Nov 10, 2021, 5:58:26 AM11/10/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Try with this library for Android: https://github.com/anboralabs/spatia-room

--
Message has been deleted

iulian

Nov 11, 2021, 1:12:04 AM11/11/21
to SpatiaLite Users
I found a repo that succeded in building spatialite bundled with sqllite  (static linkage) but it references spatialite 5.0.0 and the following dependencies

 proj-4.9.3
 geos-3.7.2
 json-c-0.13.1-20180305
 libiconv-1.13
 xz-5.2.1
 libxml2-2.9.2
 freexl-1.0.2
 librttopo-1.1.0

I would like to upgrade all of them including spatialite and go to spatialite 5.0.1 but i did not find anywhere what are the required versions for spatialite's dependencies. for example i tried geos v8.2.0 but it fails to build. can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what are the maximum dependencies versions i can use for spatialite 5.0.1 ? thanks, i appreciate your input.
After i am done if permitted I would like to add the repo to gaia-gis website for anyone who wants spatialite for android static lib + sqlite java bindings, i believe its a great lib that needs to be more popular.

iulian

Nov 13, 2021, 2:13:34 PM11/13/21
to SpatiaLite Users
i managed to build with some updated libraries here is the forked repo  https://github.com/iulian0512/android-spatialite
these are the lib versions i built it with

libspatialite-5.0.1
proj-6.3.2
geos-3.10.1
json-c-0.13.1-20180305
libiconv-1.13
xz-5.2.1
libxml2-2.9.12
freexl-1.0.6
librttopo-1.1.0
sqlite 3.36

the repo builds ok on ubuntu, mac os big sur arm and windows 10 no changes needed just have ndk.dir or ndk_home var.
i know that proj is not the latest version but can anyone confirm if version 8.2.0 is compatible with spatialite5 ?
i studied the spatialite docs a bit and i would like to take my hat off for all collaborators very well written and concisely no fuss no nonsense just cristal clear directions, i rarely get to read such well written docs.