SQL error: error in trigger ISO_metadata_reference_row_id_value_insert

Totò Fiandaca

Dec 13, 2023, 2:48:50 PM12/13/23
to SpatiaLite Users
I created a sqlite database using spatialite_gui, I imported a shapefile into it using the 'load shapefile' icon, when I try to delete a column by typing
ALTER TABLE table DROP COLUMN field1;

I get this message

SQL error: error in trigger ISO_metadata_reference_row_id_value_insert: no such column:
rowid

same thing if I try to delete a column using the tools made available by the spatialite gui, i.e. 'Drop Column'

what am I doing wrong?

Greetings

Totò Fiandaca

Dec 13, 2023, 2:50:30 PM12/13/23
to SpatiaLite Users
this is the info on spatialite_gui

spatialite_gui 3.0.O-devel
by Alessandro Furieri - 2008/2017
a GUI-tool for SQLite / SpatiaLite
wxWldgets version 3.0.5
SpatiaLite version 5.1 .O-devel
RasterLite2 version 2.0.O-devel
SQLite version 3.36.0
GEOS version 3.9.1-CAPI-1.14.2
PROJ version Rel. 8.1.0, July Istr 2021
RTTOPO 1.1.0
LIBXML2 version 2.9.12
VirtualPG version 2.0.0
PQlib (PostgreSQL client) version 9.01.02
SQLite's extensions: 'SpatiaLite', 'VirtualShape', 'VirtualDbf',
'VirtualXL', 'VirtualText', 'VirtualXPath', 'VirtualNetwork',
'RTree', 'MbrCache', 'VirtualBBox', 'VirtualFDO', 'VirtualGPKG',
'RasterLite2'
Target CPU x86_64-w64-mingw32

saluti

a.fu...@lqt.it

Dec 13, 2023, 3:52:40 PM12/13/23
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 11:48:50 -0800 (PST), Totò Fiandaca wrote:
> I get this message
>
> SQL error: error in trigger
> ISO_metadata_reference_row_id_value_insert: no such column:
> rowid

Hi Toto',

you simply stumbled upon an old bug that was already reported
two years ago.

for a detailed explanation (and to find the solution) please
read this topic on the mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/g/spatialite-users/c/azalHqVOPg0/m/JXIu9sn6BAAJ

bye Sandro

Totò Fiandaca

Dec 14, 2023, 2:30:06 AM12/14/23
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply,
but it needs to be launched

DROP TRIGGER ISO_metadata_reference_row_id_value_insert;
DROP TRIGGER ISO_metadata_reference_row_id_value_update;

on each database,
Please can you tell me in which version of spatialite the bug was fixed? and where can I download it

Greetings

Ing. Salvatore Fiandaca
mobile.:+39 327.493.8955
m: pigrecoin...@gmail.com
C.F.: FNDSVT71E29Z103G
P.IVA: 06597870820
membro QGIS Italia - http://qgis.it/
socio GFOSS.it - http://gfoss.it/

43°51'0.54"N  10°34'27.62"E - EPSG:4326

“Se la conoscenza deve essere aperta a tutti,
perchè mai limitarne l’accesso?”
R. Stallman

Questo documento, allegati inclusi, contiene informazioni di proprietà di FIANDACA SALVATORE e deve essere utilizzato esclusivamente dal destinatario in relazione alle finalità per le quali è stato ricevuto. E' vietata qualsiasi forma di riproduzione o divulgazione senza l'esplicito consenso di FIANDACA SALVATORE. Qualora fosse stato ricevuto per errore si prega di informare tempestivamente il mittente e distruggere la copia in proprio possesso.

a.fu...@lqt.it

Dec 14, 2023, 3:42:17 AM12/14/23
On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:29:26 +0100, Totò Fiandaca wrote:
> Please can you tell me in which version of spatialite the bug was
> fixed? and where can I download it

Hi Toto',

the bug fix was committed into the Fossil repository on
2021-08-14, sp the patched code is surely supported by
the latest libspatialite 5.1.0 released on 2023-08-04

you can download the sources from here:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-5.1.0.tar.gz
https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/libspatialite-sources/libspatialite-5.1.0.zip

if you are searching binary executables for Windows they are here:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86/mod_spatialite-5.1.0-win-x86.7z
https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-x86/spatialite-tools-5.1.0a-win-x86.7z

https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-amd64-prev/mod_spatialite-5.0.1-win-amd64.7z
https://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/windows-bin-amd64-prev/spatialite-tools-5.0.1-win-amd64.7z

Note: there is no spatialite_gui binaries for Windows supporting this
latest version of libspatialite, because as you probably already
know we are stiil waiting for a final stable release of Librasterlite2
which unfortunately is slow in arriving.

bye Sandro