error loading mod_spatialite with System.Data.SQLite connection

Massimo Endrighi

May 13, 2024, 5:48:48 AMMay 13
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandro

I have a .net core 5.0 c# application that use a System.Data.SQLite.Core connection to open a spatialite database. It works well with spatialite 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 but with 5.1.0 it doesn't load the extension.

The error is "Entry Point Not Found". - The procedure entry point freexl_get_worksheets_count could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\\spatialite\\5.1.0\\mod_spatialite.DLL

I get the same error even when I try to load spatialite with DB Browser for SQLite Version 3.12.2
image.png
System.Data.SQLite.Core version is 1.0.113.7

Any ideas?

Massimo

a.fu...@lqt.it

May 13, 2024, 6:02:28 AMMay 13
On Mon, 13 May 2024 11:48:32 +0200, Massimo Endrighi wrote:
> The error is "Entry Point Not Found". - The procedure entry point
> freexl_get_worksheets_count could not be located in the dynamic link
> library c:\spatialite\5.1.0\mod_spatialite.DLL
>
> I get the same error even when I try to load spatialite with DB
> Browser for SQLite Version 3.12.2 [1]
>
> System.Data.SQLite.Core version is 1.0.113.7
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Massimo,

the error message says it all: it can't find the DLL of FreeXL
(or it finds it but it's too old a version).

bye Sandro

Massimo Endrighi

May 13, 2024, 10:28:58 AMMay 13
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandro

I'm agree with you, the message is clear.
I'm using the system path variable to provide the dll path.
In case of DB browser I did a mistake in statically setting the path while in the .net core application I do it at runtime.

Now I've managed to put the spatilite modules path in the app configuration file.
To change the spatialite version I simply change the app configuration file.
Well, it runs with 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 but not with 5.1.0.
If I do not change the path at runtime and I use a static modified path it runs even with 5.1.0.
I'm going on to further search on this direction but I'm wonder if there is a different dll loader between 5.0.1 and 5.1.0.

Bye
Massimo

Massimo Endrighi

May 14, 2024, 2:26:04 AMMay 14
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandro

I solved the problem. It was caused by a too long path.

Massimo

a.fu...@lqt.it

May 14, 2024, 2:44:19 AMMay 14
On Tue, 14 May 2024 08:25:47 +0200, Massimo Endrighi wrote:
> Hi Sandro
>
> I solved the problem. It was caused by a too long path.

all's well that ends well :-D

bye Sandro