Spatialite 5.0.0 or 5.0.1 linrary for Android

Jim

Sep 7, 2021, 1:27:40 PM9/7/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Does anyone know of the availability of libspatialite.so for Android for either Spatialite 5.0.0 or 5.0.1?

I don't have the resources to build it and I wish to use Spatialite BufferOptions which appeared in 5.0.0.

Regards,
Jim

andrea antonello

Sep 10, 2021, 5:57:01 AM9/10/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

Does anyone know of the availability of libspatialite.so for Android for either Spatialite 5.0.0 or 5.0.1?

I don't have the resources to build it and I wish to use Spatialite BufferOptions which appeared in 5.0.0.

I am afraid not. There used to be an effort to build the libs regularly here: https://github.com/geopaparazzi/libjsqlite-spatialite-android

But the last version that got out there is a 5 release candidate. If the function you need was already there, then you could use these binaries:

Cheers,
Andrea

Regards,
Jim

Jim

Sep 10, 2021, 10:12:46 AM9/10/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Andrea,

Thank you.

Unfortunately those are the integrerated splite-spatilite libries (libsqlite.so).

In my app, I am using the Microsoft .Net Sqlite library and I need the libspatialite.so that I load as an extension.

Regards,
JIm

Jim

Sep 17, 2021, 11:20:38 AM9/17/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Since there isn't a version of SpatialiteLib 5.+ for Android, perhaps there is a different approach for what I want to do.

What I am doing is selecting all points from a database that lie within  a buffer (ST_BUFFER) built around a given LINESTRING.

Since I don't have the option of specifying that I want flat ends to the buffer, is there a way to eliminate all selected points that lie within the beginning semi-circle of the buffer,  that is the semi-circle centered on the beginning point of the LINESTRING, i.e., the beginning of the buffer?

BTW, if this question should be made a separate conversation, I will be happy to do so.

Regards,
Jim