"load spreadsheet" xlsx /xls - GUI problem (version 5.1.0-devel of Spatialite)

Antonio Valanzano

Sep 15, 2021, 9:13:36 AM9/15/21
to SpatiaLite Users

Dear List,
I have found a difference between the importing of an xls file and the same file but in xlsx format .

The problem is related to  a column ("id") which has INTEGER  values in it.

When I import the xlsx version of the file  in such column all the values are NULL,
but when I import the same file but the xls version all the values of such column are  REAL.

Has someone found the same problem ?

Antonio Valanzano

a.fu...@lqt.it

Sep 15, 2021, 9:29:35 AM9/15/21
to spatiali...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 06:13:36 -0700 (PDT), Antonio Valanzano wrote:
> Has someone found the same problem ?

Yes, that's me :-D

there was a bug affecting certain types of XLSX Integers
that has been fixed by this patch:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/freexl/finfo?name=src/freexl_xlsx.c&m=b09a2210923b34d2&ci=2a0759e5eec21599

bye Sandro

p.s. note that the bug was not in the GUI tool but in
the FreeXL library

Antonio Valanzano

Sep 15, 2021, 10:19:33 AM9/15/21
to SpatiaLite Users
Sandro, thanks for the fast reply.

Sorry about my ignorance about patches but I do not know how to use the patch.
Do I need to download something  in order to continue to use the std GUI ?

Antonio

a.fu...@lqt.it

Sep 15, 2021, 10:24:46 AM9/15/21
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 07:19:33 -0700 (PDT), Antonio Valanzano wrote:
> Sandro, thanks for the fast reply.
>
> Sorry about my ignorance about patches but I do not know how to use
> the patch.
> Do I need to download something in order to continue to use the std
> GUI ?

no.
you simply need to patiently wait until a new version of
the GUI binaries for Windows will be ready to be released
in the future.

bye Sandro