Client Adapter for JavaFX applications

axe...@hotmail.com

Sep 3, 2009, 8:38:35 AM9/3/09
to sparsh-ui
Hello,

I'd like to develop a multitouch client with JavaFX.
I've read carefully all Sparh-UI wiki pages, and tried to develop my
own JavaFX adapter. Unfortunately I can't get it working...
Actually, I can't figure exactly what classes I have to rewrite in
JavaFX. I first tried to rewrite the Client class, but then I needed
to rewrite the Location class, the Event class, and so on... So my
question is : do I have to rewrite all classes in sparshui.client and
sparshui.common packages, or is there another way ?

Thank you by advance.
Regards,
Axel

Prasad RS

Sep 3, 2009, 12:35:35 PM9/3/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
Hello Axel,
Yes , you need to write all the classes in sparshui.client and sparshui.common packages. the client package consists of the necessary protocol to talk to gesture server and the common package consists of all the events and messages (that are exchanged between gesture server and the client) and other helper classes which are used in both the server and client.

PS: If you are not planning to use all the events , you can just write the code only for those events that you are planning to use.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks
prasad

--
Prasad R.S.

axel41

Sep 7, 2009, 10:35:19 AM9/7/09
to sparsh-ui
As you said, I have converted the classes in JavaFX, and it seems to
work perfectly !
The most difficult was probably to know how and when to use Java
classes, because JavaFX does not support byte and float Java primitive
types, and does not include Network classes...

Thank you very much for your help.

Axel