Publications

Martin

Jun 7, 2009, 2:49:46 PM6/7/09
to sparsh-ui
Hi there,

Congratulations to your work on Sparsh UI. It is a great contribution.
Are there any publications about your work? I would like to reference
it in my paper and diploma thesis. Referencing a website is
discouraged.

Thank you and much success for your further research,

Martin Goerg

Michael Oren

Jun 8, 2009, 2:13:12 AM6/8/09
to spar...@googlegroups.com
When we cite Sparsh we prioritize the WinVR paper and then (if space allows) cite the Sparsh code web site:

Ramanahally, P., Gilbert, S., Anagnost, C., Niedzielski, T., & Velázquez, D.: Creating a Collaborative Multitouch Computer Aided Design Program. Proc. of WinVR ‘09 (2009).

Sparsh UI: Retrieved September 7, 2008 from: http://code.google.com/p/sparsh-ui/ (2008)

Just change the formatting to whatever is most appropriate in your field. The WinVR paper gives an overview discussing Sparsh UI as a framework and some example applications built from it.

Martin

Jun 8, 2009, 5:57:34 AM6/8/09
to sparsh-ui
Alright, thank you for pointing me to the paper.

Martin

Jun 9, 2009, 2:07:32 AM6/9/09
to sparsh-ui
About the paper: I could only find the draft version here:
http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/uav/publications/
Is the final version available also available somewhere?