VarAC and SparkSDR?

david.wi...@gmail.com

May 2, 2024, 3:50:11 PMMay 2
to SparkSDR
Hi, I have tried to use VarAC with SparkSDR but have had no luck getting the CAT to work.

I have VarAC set to use Hamlib RigCtl, with correct port and so on.  There does appear to be some communication as there is no error when TEST is pressed in VarAC, though nothing in Spark changes, and VarAC frequency does not update.  Entering a different port number to the 51111 used in Spark and there is an error.

Is there any way to debug the communication?

Has anyone out there managed to get VarAC to work with SparkSDR?

Dave M0WID

ahop...@googlemail.com

May 3, 2024, 5:40:25 AMMay 3
to SparkSDR
Hi Dave,
if you turn on extended logging and restart, the log file should record all the communication, It maybe that VarAC uses commands that Spark does not respond to. Newer versions of spark support a greater range of commands (but I'm aware you have audio issues with them!).
73 Alan M0NNB

david.wi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2024, 5:48:30 PMMay 4
to SparkSDR
Thanks.  I tried this and it seems the issue is probably with VarAC.  The log shows it connecting and disconnecting but no commands (unless Spark only shows commands it understands?).

An example from the log:

Received connection request from 127.0.0.1:52925
04/05/2024 08:36:20 v2.0.974.0
Rigctrl running
04/05/2024 08:40:09 v2.0.974.0
Rigctrl Client closed connection
04/05/2024 08:40:09 v2.0.974.0
Rigctrl closed

If WSJT-X is connected with RigCtl then the commands are shown in the log as expected.
I will have to try the VarAC forum to see if there is anything that can be done.

Thanks

Dave M0WID

ahop...@googlemail.com

May 7, 2024, 4:23:09 AMMay 7
to SparkSDR
HI Dave,
Spark should show all commands.  It is odd nothing gets sent.  Might be a case of contacting the author of VarAC to find out what it expects.
73 Alan M0NNB