RPi4 & RSP1A crashes

Mike W

Mar 23, 2024, 12:25:45 PMMar 23
to SparkSDR
Looking for cure for my headless RPi4-8Gb and SdrPlay RSP1A on a USB3
socket. running SparkSDR.

I have had the RPi4 running SparkSDR, continuously, decoding FT8 and
WSPR with an HL2, faultlessly for the last few weeks. Yet as soon as I
change back to the RSP1A the crashing returns.
The RSP1 and the RPi stop communicating. Turning the RSP1 off and back
on cures the issue. CPU load running the RSP1 is about 65% and with the
HL2 about 50% - running both receivers together its jammed at 99%+
The set-up is :-
Raspberry Pi 4 8Gb running SparkSDR 2.0.33.0 and WSJTX 2.6.1, the RSP1
is using API 3.14.0 tasked with decoding FT8 and WSPR on 10m.

ideas please. Could it be the USB3 causing the problems, if so, is there
a cure  ?
thanks, 73 Mike G8NXD

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 28, 2024, 3:18:24 AMMar 28
to SparkSDR
Hi Mike,
Nothing springs to mind, is there anything in the log files?  You could try version 2.0.975 from the downloads page  download - SparkSDR .
Does spark actually crash i.e. close down or does the radio just stop working?
73 Alan M0NNB