Multiple instances of SparkSDR on Linux

david.wi...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2022, 3:58:36 AM11/12/22
to SparkSDR
Hi,

I am doing some tests on the 40m band using wspr and different antenna (both mag loops).  I am using the HermesLite for one, SDR-Play for the other.  I would like the spots from each to be reported with different callsigns.
Is there a way of doing this on the same PC?

Dave M0WID

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Nov 14, 2022, 7:39:33 AM11/14/22
to SparkSDR
There is no problem in running multiple instances on 1 pc. I currently run .18 in parallel to .33 as I have the RSP1A and the Hermes Lite and had some issues in getting both to work the same way under .33 as they were working with .18
I have 10 Rx from the Hermes and 6 in the 10 MHz bandwidth for the low bands (80+80eu+60+60eu+40+30) from the SDRplay.

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 14, 2022, 8:10:21 AM11/14/22
to SparkSDR
Hi,
you can make two instances work better if start one with SparkSDR -isomename
i.e. the -i and some text directly after with no gap.
73 Alan M0NNB

david.wi...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2022, 2:45:26 PM11/14/22
to SparkSDR

Brilliant - the -isomename was just what I needed.  Works perfectly.

Are there any other command line switches that could be useful?  I didn't find the -i option in the manual.

Thanks again Alan

M0WID

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 17, 2022, 6:08:37 AM11/17/22
to SparkSDR
The only other command line option is to launch profiles and should be in the help, I shall add the -i.
73 Alan M0NNB