Raspberry Pi CPU Usage

Mike Donnachie

Sep 16, 2022, 4:25:59 PM9/16/22
to SparkSDR
Hi,
I am using a Raspberry Pi 4 on WSPR with SDR Play sample rate 768K.
When it is running with just 1 receiver the CPU usage is at around 50%
If I add another receiver on WSPR the CPU % goes way up and Spark SDR crashes
Andrew GM0UDL using an identical setup (as far as we can ascertain) is only using about 20% CPU when running 1 receiver.
We haven't fathomed out why there should be a difference.
Anyone have any ideas ?
Regards,
Mike MM0EFJ

ahop...@googlemail.com

Sep 16, 2022, 4:40:26 PM9/16/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Mike,
enabling the opengl desktop in raspi-config can significantly reduce cpu. How does it crash? Is there anything in the log files?
73 Alan M0NNB