Virtual Tranceiver Settings

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Aug 5, 2022, 8:38:37 PM8/5/22
to SparkSDR
When I click on the three points at the right of the "Favourites" star I get the "Virtual Tranceiver Settings" menu.
In the "Audio Output" menu I have a choice of (device) and (device)-L.
In the "Audio Input" menu I have only (device) without -L.
What does it mean? What difference betwwen nothing and -L?
What should I select?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

ahop...@googlemail.com

Aug 6, 2022, 2:29:12 AM8/6/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Pierre,
the L stands for low latency, it was really intended to minimise latency on cw sidetone. For most uses you are unlikely to notice the difference.
73 Alan M0NNB

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Aug 6, 2022, 3:56:03 AM8/6/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Alan, thanks. I tried both : (device) gives me a sidetone, (device)-L remains silent, no sidetone here.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH