Multiple wspr receivers, setting more than one to transmit is allowed but only one will transmit at a time for a given radio.

PE3ES / F4VTQ

Mar 2, 2023, 5:20:27 AM3/2/23
to SparkSDR
In Aug 2021 Thomas asked something due to his observations for multiple transmission. I have just setup 2 parallel Tx for different modes on same band. 30 meter FST4W and WSPR. One at 40% the other at 50%. I do expect this is possible and would lead to almost 100% Tx.
My understanding of the functionality is:
With multiple Rx/Tx you can freely mix bands, frequencies, Tx-power, modes. Till the maximum of 4 Tx/Rx.
So doing bandhopping in WSPR, or doing power steps etc can all be handled in this way.

Or is the maximum only BW related and as long as I stay within 4 frequencies in the 4 max BW.
I could do any mode that fits in that list of 4. And FST4W+WSPR always fit as these use the same dial frequency.
So I could set 20-30-40-80 meter band - fits FT8 and the WSPR/FST4W pair, set a step-up of 0.1 W - 2 W and run
 4 x 3 x 5 different signals on the bands (bands x modes x power) and choose a low % for each.

Or should I still set 100% for each and let the system do the rest, would the choice still be random or is choosing always starting at Tx 1 etc.

Many questions.
Erwin

ahop...@googlemail.com

Mar 2, 2023, 12:44:14 PM3/2/23
to SparkSDR
Hi Erwin,
setting to 100% should work, there will still be a random effect if the the tx periods are different. The bandwidth is the only limit, you can have as many virtual receivers as you like. It may even work on tx with more bands than fit as the tx has its own set of fpga resources, I have not tried this and you will not see the tx on the panafall for the receivers that don't fit.
73 Alan M0NNB

73 Alan M0NNB