Second receiver Red Pitaya

Ronald Spiering

Aug 8, 2022, 1:02:10 PM8/8/22
to SparkSDR
Dear Alan,

Is it possible to open the second receicver of the Red Pitaya?
It works on PowerSRD (hate it) and it can be used for two different antenas for example horizontal and vertical...

Regards,

Ron

ahop...@googlemail.com

Aug 10, 2022, 2:07:10 AM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Ron,
what does the Red pitaya idenify as? If it appears as an Orion you should be able to switch adcs. I don't have one to test on but it should not be hard to add if it emulates one of the HPSDR multi adc boards.
73 Alan M0NNB

Ronald Spiering

Aug 10, 2022, 3:36:07 AM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Alan,
Thanks for response.
I am not into details but all I know is that it simulate HPSDR.
On PowerSDR it is just setup as HPSDR and I can switch on and off the second receiver.
So I think it is as you mention.
The easiest thing would be if you send me a version of Sparkm with just the adres of the second receiver as on the HPSDR multi boards box I test if it receives on the other port.
If it works you could ad a checkbox in the virtual receiver settings RX1 or RX2.
Regards Ron

ahop...@googlemail.com

Aug 10, 2022, 3:44:06 AM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Ron,
what does spark report the red Pitaya as, i.e. in the top bar and the board id in radio settings?
73 Alan M0NNB

Ronald Spiering

Aug 10, 2022, 4:26:18 AM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
HI Alan,
On the top bar Metis 192.168.68.248.
Not sure what you mean with radio settings what are you looking for?.
63 Ron

Ronald Spiering

Aug 10, 2022, 4:32:25 AM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
Alan,

I think this is what looking for:
Firmware version 21
Firmware patch 0
Board ID 0
Receivers 4

73 Ron

ahop...@googlemail.com

Aug 10, 2022, 12:49:41 PM8/10/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Ron, thanks.
If you are feeling adventurous you could tweak the red pitaya code to return a board id of 5 and then you should/might be able pick the adc in spark.  If not I shall add it to my list, If anyone local to me can lend me a red Pitaya that would be ideal as developing with the real kit is so much faster.
73 Alan M0NNB

Ronald Spiering

Aug 18, 2022, 2:36:36 AM8/18/22
to SparkSDR
Dear Alan, I am not able to do that.
Please put in on the list.

73 Ron

Ronald Spiering

Mar 19, 2023, 4:14:30 AM3/19/23
to SparkSDR
Dear Alan, I have project with 16 bit Red Pitaya needs two inputs one with 144MHz and the other woth 432MHz preamp.
Two inputs you have placed on the list is there any idea when you can look in that?