SparkSDR with JS8

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Apr 23, 2024, 3:01:06 AMApr 23
to SparkSDR
I am currently using JS8Call v.2.2.0 with Quisk v.4.2.31 and it works very well but my preferred SDR software is SparkSDR, currently v.2.0.975.
I see in the mode selection window a possible choice "JS8" and when I click on it I just see on the screen:
Time - Freq - Call - Loc - SNR - dt - Message - PSK Reporter - APRSIS
and a "level of decode window" and a "Clear spots button", all labels which have sense for me but what can I do with all them? I did not find a way to use them and comparing to the FT8 mode in SparkSDR, which works perfectly well I am quite disappointed.
Any help would be appreciated.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

ahop...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2024, 3:20:35 AMApr 23
to SparkSDR
Hi,
The js8 mode is receive only for now, really for skimming and reporting aprs messages, it should work.  The level 0 decode uses an internal decoder, the other levels require JS8Call to be installed in its default location.  You can use the JS8Call app directly using the digiu mode just like in Quisk.
73 Alan M0NNB

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Apr 23, 2024, 5:12:45 AMApr 23
to SparkSDR
Thanks Alan. I need another information.
With Quisk I use the Radio setting for PTT: CAT - Hamlib NET Rigctl - Port localhost:4532. What should I use with SparkSDR?
The Audio setting will probable be the same: Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

ahop...@googlemail.com

Apr 23, 2024, 12:30:48 PMApr 23
to SparkSDR
Hi,
the rigctl port number will be displayed when you select digiu in spark, it defaults to 51111 but will be different if multiple receivers are used.
73 Alan M0NNB

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Apr 23, 2024, 7:51:41 PMApr 23
to SparkSDR
TU again Alan. I should have read it in the Help web page! Anyway I could read in my running SparkSDR 51111 and I entered it in the JS8Call settings but it still does not work and what is amazing is that my JS8Call still works (with this 51111) with Quisk (in which 4532 is still set)!
I stop searching for some time, happy to have FS8Call and Fldigi working well with Quisk. And having a nicely working in CW and SSB SparkSDR.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

ahop...@googlemail.com

May 2, 2024, 5:10:59 AMMay 2
to SparkSDR
Hi,
it should work in spark, it sounds like the new port is not being set in JS8Call otherwise Quisk would not be able to connect.
73 Alan M0NNB