One million spots

KL3RR

Aug 2, 2022, 2:04:38 AM8/2/22
to SparkSDR
Screenshot from 2022-08-01 21-51-37.png

Thank you Alan for your time and effort in creating this great piece of software SparkSDR.

Eugen / KL3RR

KL3RR

Aug 2, 2022, 2:10:04 AM8/2/22
to SparkSDR
Oops, can't see it too well.... Link to larger version: https://i.imgur.com/Oo0Es5d.png     (also attached)
Screenshot from 2022-08-01 21-51-37.png

ahop...@googlemail.com

Aug 2, 2022, 2:47:29 AM8/2/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Eugen,
congratulations and thanks for the kind words .  I wonder what the spot count record is in a single spark run.  Perhaps I should maintain a count between runs or maybe PSKReporter can provide this.  I am always amazed at the spot counter at the bottom of PSKReporter.  I have long meant to add better stats to spark.  Perhaps I could set up a server to log Spark users totals and produce a leader board or maybe query the PSKReporter api.  I have considered downloading from PSKReporter to spark but am cautious about adding to the the sever load.
73 Alan M0NNB

KL3RR

Aug 2, 2022, 3:23:53 AM8/2/22
to SparkSDR
Looking at the screenshot closer I realized that I must have accidentally bumped the WSPR frequency on 40m (only had 4 spots in the month or so it took me to get to 1 million overall).  I fixed that, and now am up to 70 spots on WSPR 40m in the last 30 minutes..  Due to that error, I've decided I must keep this instance of SparkSDR going for at least another million...

I'll be back with another post when at 2 million spots, in another month or so... :)

Eugen / KL3RR

Mike G4RAA

Aug 3, 2022, 8:46:54 AM8/3/22
to SparkSDR
Very impressive Eugen! I wish my network was stable enough for SparkSDR to stay up that long.

Alan - looking at Eugen's JT9 spots reminds me - what is the latest version of WSJT that worked for decoding JT9? I've been meaning to point SparkSDR to an old version for JT9 decoding for ages...

73

Mike
G4RAA

Ward Cunningham

Aug 3, 2022, 4:25:27 PM8/3/22
to SparkSDR
I see that I have over three million spots on 20m FT8 since the last restart. I'm also showing an ep6 count of 6. This use to be in the thousands before I move SparkSDR to a new PC one switch away from the HL-2. Folks on this list helped me get there. I leave it pretty much alone to run the app.

I save raw spots as they come over the websocket where I have automated a bit of tinkering to keep that running. This simple graph as been enough to notice and diagnose a solar flare on July 8th. http://ft8.ward.asia.wiki.org/assets/pages/spark-records/traffic.html?days=3

Thanks and best regards -- Ward K9OX