Save the default audio device?

David Taylor GM8ARV

Sep 24, 2022, 2:48:10 AM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
I'm trying SparkSDR for the first time, 2.0.33.0 under Windows-10/64.  Each time I run the program I have to select the "speakers" audio device, as the entry first in the list isn't what I need.  Am I missing something in how to save the default audio output device?  I looked in the .json files but it wasn't obvious.

Thanks,
David

ahop...@googlemail.com

Sep 24, 2022, 3:47:22 AM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
Hi David,
one approach is to use the 'Last Session' profile on the initial screen, this will bring everything back the way it was last time you used it.  I do have some tweaks in the pipeline to remember defaults for each mode.  The profiles are not well documented but allow you to save the entire state of your current setup, they can be saved from the favourites section.
73 Alan M0NNB

David Taylor

Sep 24, 2022, 6:51:14 AM9/24/22
to spar...@googlegroups.com
On 24/09/2022 08:47, 'ahop...@googlemail.com' via SparkSDR wrote:
> Hi David,
> one approach is to use the 'Last Session' profile on the initial screen, this
> will bring everything back the way it was last time you used it.  I do have
> some tweaks in the pipeline to remember defaults for each mode.  The profiles
> are not well documented but allow you to save the entire state of your current
> setup, they can be saved from the favourites section.
> 73 Alan M0NNB

Yes, I saw profiles, but did not investigate further. I'm thinking that you
might want CW from the speaker as well as decoded, but not the digital modes.

Thanks,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-...@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Brian VK4BAP

Sep 24, 2022, 4:20:08 PM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
Profiles works with HL2 but not with SDRPlay. When I click on my SDRPlay profile at the start nothing happens.
73 Brian.

ahop...@googlemail.com

Sep 24, 2022, 4:26:33 PM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Brian,
is the sdrplay radio listed at the top when you click on the profile?  Maybe discovery fails, this will then stop the profile loading. Is there anything in the error logs?
73 Alan M0NNB

Brian VK4BAP

Sep 24, 2022, 4:40:39 PM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
SDRPlay profile is the second. The HL2 DigiU profile is at the top. Last Session is at the bottom (and works ).
Discovery finds the SDRlay and I can open it that way.
Nothing in the error log.
Thanks Brian.

ahop...@googlemail.com

Sep 24, 2022, 4:46:21 PM9/24/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Brian,
sorry I meant is the sdrplay radio discovered at the point you click on the profile (i.e. shown in the top bar).
73 Alan M0NNB

Brian VK4BAP

Sep 25, 2022, 3:30:54 PM9/25/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Alan,
Yes, is discovered and showing but simply nothing happens.
It looks like there is something in the stored profile which it doesn't like so just doesn't run.
If I store another profile (possibly a bit different) I can get a profile for the SDRPlay which always works. I then delete the not working profile and we are happy.
So workaround good, would be nice if it was more robust.
I'm using an HP desktop with 1640T CPU, Win 10 64 bit - under powered but power saving for skimming.
73 Brian.

ahop...@googlemail.com

Sep 27, 2022, 3:00:46 AM9/27/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Brian,
if this happens again can you zip up the profile directory, it is in the settings directory that is one above where the error logs are stored, and post it here.  What was the name you gave the profile?
73 Alan M0NNB