SDRPlay

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Jul 28, 2022, 3:29:15 AM7/28/22
to SparkSDR
New member and new user of SparkSDR with my HL2 and Alexloop, I'm discovering this software, which seems to bring a large improvement compared to Quisk, which I used until now. My OS is Windows 11.
It seems to work well but I just had a look to the corelog file, where everything is OK except the last two lines :
[2022-07-28 18:14:25.998] [sc] [error] sdrplay_api_Open sdrplay_api_Fail
[2022-07-28 18:14:26.000] [sc] [error] controller sdrplay_api_Open sdrplay_api_Fail
Is it important? Does I have something to do and repair? Install something?
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

ahop...@googlemail.com

Jul 28, 2022, 3:35:18 AM7/28/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Pierre,
That is normal if you don't have any SDRplay RSP radios installed, I should probably hide those errors in normal logging mode.
73 Alan M0NNB

Jean-Baptiste GALLAUZIAUX

Jul 28, 2022, 3:59:38 AM7/28/22
to SparkSDR
Thanks Alan, it's clearer now in my mind.
I had tried to install SparkSDR several times during the last year and always failed for an unknown reason. This morning it installed like a charm!
Well I wanted to use Fldigi with Quisk to make CW from the keyboard and have it decoded by Fldigi while earing the sidetone. I did not find a way to do it and asked in the groups.io/g/n2adr-sdr,  Mirek Kolodziej, so5wd answered to me that " FLDIGI I am using with SparkSDR and I can do CW as you need.", the reason why I tried again to install SparkSDR and succeeded.
Living in a steel reinforced concrete condominium, a true Farady cage, I plan to use my station as portable (HL2 - SparkSDR - Alexloop) mainly in CW and SSB and also in FT8 but I'm not sure about the interest of WSPR-X, I loved before PSK31 but it looks like being quite outdated currently?
Thans again for your fine business!
73 - Pierre - FK8IH