JT65

Trevor Smithers

Oct 25, 2022, 11:38:06 AM10/25/22
to SparkSDR
Any chance of getting JT65 back into the modes list?
JT65b is still used by VHF/UHF beacons and having it integrated within Spark would save having to mess around with Digi-u, vac cables and external decoders etc.

73 Trevor  G0KTN

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 26, 2022, 2:38:39 AM10/26/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
thanks for reminding me of this, I keep hoping WSJTX will get fixed to allow JT9 decoding to work again.  I have now made it so if you select JT65 it does not try to decode JT9 as well and thus avoids the WSJTX crash. I have also added JT65B and C. I'll post a new version in the next few days.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 31, 2022, 10:38:10 AM10/31/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor and all,
this https://www.sparksdr.com/download/SparkSDR.2.0.920.win64.zip has working JT65A,  B and C in the JT9 mode,
I tested with GB3VHF, it decodes it but gets confused by the free format message so picks the wrong flag so I suggest not logging to psk reporter.

This also has a better PI4 decoder, with the small set of recordings I have it detects everything PI-RX does.  If you come across problem signals a recording from PI-RX would be a great help.

There are a few other performance tweaks and a fix that detected the wrong default audio out device on some computers.

Soapy and Extio messages are now sent to the normal spark log files.

73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 31, 2022, 11:16:10 AM10/31/22
to SparkSDR
Hi All,
I have left a test signal in the PI4 mode so that last release won't detect anything real. I'll release a new version soon.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Oct 31, 2022, 11:46:43 AM10/31/22
to SparkSDR

Trevor Smithers

Nov 2, 2022, 10:10:45 AM11/2/22
to SparkSDR
Version 2.9.921
Running Hermes Lite 2 plus 3 RSP Duo's
I'm seeing a random crash which appears to be associated with creating a new virtual receiver in one of the Duo's. On restarting Spark
the HL2 is not found and the network connection from HL2 has dropped out. Restarting the HL2 and then Spark appears to sort things out.

Error log as follows
02/11/2022 09:12:02 v2.0.921.0
Main error
SparkSDR
Void Render(Avalonia.Media.DrawingContext)
   at SparkSDR.Views.Scope.Render(DrawingContext context)
   at Avalonia.Rendering.Composition.CompositingRenderer.UpdateCore() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Rendering/Composition/CompositingRenderer.cs:line 233
   at Avalonia.Rendering.Composition.CompositingRenderer.Update(Task ) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Rendering/Composition/CompositingRenderer.cs:line 266
   at Avalonia.Rendering.Composition.Compositor.Commit() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Rendering/Composition/Compositor.cs:line 124
   at Avalonia.Rendering.Composition.Compositor.<.ctor>b__17_0() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Rendering/Composition/Compositor.cs:line 50
   at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.RunJobs(Nullable`1 ) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/JobRunner.cs:line 38
   at Avalonia.Win32.Win32Platform.WndProc(IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in /_/src/Windows/Avalonia.Win32/Win32Platform.cs:line 287
   at Avalonia.Win32.Interop.UnmanagedMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& lpmsg)
   at Avalonia.Win32.Win32Platform.RunLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken) in /_/src/Windows/Avalonia.Win32/Win32Platform.cs:line 214
   at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken ) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Threading/Dispatcher.cs:line 61
   at Avalonia.Controls.ApplicationLifetimes.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.Start(String[] args) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 120
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 209
   at SparkSDR.Program.Main(String[] args)

JT65b is working well, thanks for including this.

Just started looking at PI4
Can you confirm that this version (921) includes GB3SEV in the internal list ?
I'm comparing PI-RX (without any decoder enhancements engaged, Spark, DIG-u, vac etc) against the Spark decoder. Condx are poor so not seeing
any reliable sigs at the moment.

73 Trevor  G0KTN

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 2, 2022, 11:54:35 AM11/2/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
thanks for the report, I'm having trouble recreating the crash so if you find a way to force it please let me know.  I'm using a preview release of Avalonia which may not be 100% stable .
GB3SEV is in the list but I've not managed to receive it here.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 2, 2022, 1:11:30 PM11/2/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor and all,
this https://www.sparksdr.com/download/SparkSDR.2.0.923.win64.zip may stop the crash or at least log some more details.
73 Alan M0NNB

Trevor Smithers

Nov 3, 2022, 5:21:24 AM11/3/22
to SparkSDR
Alan
Some strong sigs from GB3SEV this morning.
I can clearly see the PI4 tones in Spark but no decode. PI-RX decodes correctly as GB3SEV/B.
What call do you have in the internal beacon list, GB3SEV or GB3SEV/B
Trevor  G0KTN

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 3, 2022, 5:34:13 AM11/3/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
that would explain it, I don't have the /B. I'll release a new version soon, just sorting out mono audio for wireless headsets.  I'll get around to making the list editable soon.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 3, 2022, 7:43:46 AM11/3/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
this https://www.sparksdr.com/download/SparkSDR.2.0.924.win64.zip has the /B and some audio tweaks.
73 Alan M0NNB

Trevor Smithers

Nov 5, 2022, 10:33:05 AM11/5/22
to SparkSDR
Alan
Sent a series of PI4 wav files earlier to your QRZ address
Trevor  G0KTN

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 5, 2022, 11:33:53 AM11/5/22
to SparkSDR
yep, I got them, thanks I'll have a play.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 7, 2022, 7:47:09 AM11/7/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
my decoder is fooled by the strong carrier in the middle of the band, should release a fix soon.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 10, 2022, 3:22:10 PM11/10/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor and all,
I've left the next iteration of my PI4 decoder running over the last couple of days and seem to decode GB3SEV/B only between 8am and 9am, this is good as I had not detected it before (I guess the north downs don't help) but I'm intrigued as to why that should be the magic hour.  I'll hopefully release it tomorrow.
73 Alan M0NNB

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 11, 2022, 6:14:11 AM11/11/22
to SparkSDR
Hi All,
this   https://www.sparksdr.com/download/SparkSDR.2.0.926.win64.zip has some tweaks to the PI4 decoder.
73 Alan M0NNB

Trevor Smithers

Nov 13, 2022, 8:48:29 AM11/13/22
to SparkSDR
2.0.926.0
With previous versions I have a PI4 receiver and Digi-u receiver running so I can compare performance between Spark and PI-RX.
On start-up of 2.0.926 the PI4 VR comes up as usual but the Digi-u VR appears with the mode box blank and no activity on the spectrum or waterfall.
No problem to set it up again but it's not saved in a profile or "previous session".

PI4: The decoder works.
1.  Signals decoded with Spark (GB3SEV/B) closely follow PI-RX
2.  There appears to be an average of about 8db difference in reported SNR between PI-RX and Spark ie PI-RX reports -21 and Spark -27
3.  Can you implement the Spot counter - this is very useful when monitoring multiple beacons.

73 Trevor  G0KTN

Trevor Smithers

Nov 15, 2022, 4:34:06 AM11/15/22
to SparkSDR
Alan,
Further to my comments above, have not seen SEV for a couple of days but GB3MCB/S on 6m appeared overnight so the PI4 decoder is working well.

73 Trevor  G0KTN

ahop...@googlemail.com

Nov 17, 2022, 6:06:50 AM11/17/22
to SparkSDR
Hi Trevor,
this https://www.sparksdr.com/download/SparkSDR.2.0.927.win64.zip should fix the problem with profiles, it was caused by switching to .net 7. It also has the spot counter connected and fixes a bug that caused some soapy radios to cause a crash if extended logging was enabled.
73 Alan M0NNB